What differentiates AC&C Safety is that we have the ability to provide training at your desired location and convenience. We understand that your time is valuable and we have the capabilities to accommodate your agenda.
Our highly experienced advisers can provide training that is best suited to your sites requirements. Below is the list of courses along with the training duration and class specifications.
AC&C Safety Provides Training in various aspects
Emergency First Aid – CPR A & AED • ONE DAY
In this one-day course, students will learn to recognize and provide interventions for life-threatening emergencies until medical aid arrives. Topics include: CPR and choking for adults, shock and unconsciousness, severe bleeding, head & spinal injuries, major medical conditions, and AED training and certification. Class Minimum is 8 and Maximum is 18.
Standard First Aid – CPR C & AED • TWO DAY
This two-day course covers all the skills in Emergency First Aid plus first aid for other injuries and illnesses including head and spinal injuries, fractures of the upper and lower limbs. This course includes Level C CPR training and certification (Adult, Child, Infant, and 2-rescuer resuscitation) and AED training and certification. Class Minimum is 8 and Maximum is 18.
iSafety OSSA Accredited Fall Protection • ONE DAY
Upon completion of this course you will have a working knowledge on how to prevent falls in the work place by accessing potential fall hazards, assembling and operating a fall protection system. Other course topics include:
- Rescue procedures
- Use of fall protection equipment (travel restraint and fall arrest systems)
- Inspection of equipment
- Regulations that relate to fall protection.
This course will combine a classroom presentation with hands-on instruction that includes working with fall protection equipment. There will be a written and practical exam. Please be aware that you’ll be required to physically perform a “Control Weight Transfer” in a full body harness to complete the course. Class Minimum is 8 and Maximum is 20.
iSafety OSSA Accredited Confined Space • ONE DAY
Upon completion of this course you will be able to identify types of confined spaces, have the ability to access potential hazards and act accordingly. Other course topics include:
- Standards legislated by Alberta Occupational Health & Safety
- OSSA Confined Space Regional Code of Practice
- Planning and permitting entries
- Emergency response
- Requirements of confined space entry
- Role of Confine Space Monitor
This course will be delivered in a classroom setting and include a written exam. Please be aware that this is not a confined space rescue training course. Class Minimum is 8 and Maximum is 20.
iSafety OSSA Accredited Fire Watch • ONE DAY
The OSSA Fire Watch training course will give you a working knowledge and proficiency in performing fire watch duties and using fire extinguishing equipment. Course topics include:
- Legislation and standards from OH&S Act, Alberta Fire Code and National Fire Protection Association.
- Identifying, eliminating, preventing and controlling fire hazards
- Fire rescue and escape plans
- Inspection and operation of fire watch equipment
- Extinguishers and extinguishing agents
- Identifying the 5 classifications of fires and their behaviors
- Inspection and operation of fire extinguishers
- Fire Watch responsibilities and duties
This course will include both classroom instruction and practical training. You’ll be required to successfully demonstrate the safe activation, use and technique of using an extinguisher, as well as pass a written exam. Class Minimum is 8 and Maximum is 20.
AC&C Safety Solutions INC. Basic Fire Extinguisher Training• ONE DAY
Our Fire Extinguisher Training Course provides participants with the knowledge necessary to prevent fires in the workplace and also focuses on the basic elements fire extinguisher use. Class Minimum is 8 and Maximum is 20.
H2S Alive• ONE DAY
Learn how to work safely in and around hydrogen sulphide (H2S) environments. Topics Include:
- Physical properties of H2S
- Health hazards of H2S
- Protection from H2S
- Basic rescue techniques
- Hands-on experience that includes:
- Operating a self-contained breathing apparatus
- Perform rescue lift and drag exercises
Participants must be physically capable to perform the required exercises to pass the program (e.g., employees not on Workers’ Compensation or light duty) Class Minimum is 8 and Maximum is 15
WHIMIS/GHS • ONE DAY
This Awareness course is aimed at the worker or handler of hazardous chemicals and introduces general awareness. Learners will gain an understanding of Hazcom requirements and their role and responsibilities in the workplace.
Course topics include:
- relevant legislation (GHS changes)
- classification of hazardous products (hazard groups, classes and categories)
- communication medias (SDS, labels)
This course has a written exam component. Participants must achieve a minimum score of 80% for course certification. Re-certification is required every three years. Class Minimum is 8 and Maximum is 20.
TDG • ONE DAY
This course is designed for workers who may be involved in transporting, handling, shipping, receiving or supplying dangerous goods.
Course topics include:
- classifications of dangerous goods
- applicable safety markings and means of containment
- shipping documentation requirements
- Dangerous Occurrence Reporting and accidental releases
- enforcement, penalties and fines
This course has a written exam component. Participants must achieve a minimum score of 80% for course certification. Class Minimum is 8 and Maximum is 20.
Flagger • ONE DAY
This course is designed for individuals who are involved in day-to-day operations where workers and the general public are exposed to traffic hazards created by vehicles and/or equipment. Safety precautions must be implemented for the protection of personnel who come into contact with the construction zone. This course provides information about standardized flagger procedures in the construction industry in Alberta This course has a written exam component. Participants must achieve a minimum score of 80% for course certification. Class Minimum is 8 and Maximum is 20.
Please Contact for Onsite Training